Best Pictures Of The Decade: The NoughtiesDec 16, 2010
TotallyCoolPix is all about the images and this is a retrospect all about the years 2000-2010 aka The Noughties. We could write about September 11th 2001 or the tsunami or countless earthquakes or the Middle East conflict or Barack Obama or Michael Schumacher or Saddam Hussein or Facebook or the human race. But we'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Note: The images are in no particular order, some contain graphic scenes and they are the personal choice of the editors. If you miss something, we're sorry. Join TotallyCoolPix on Facebook and Twitter or join our Flickr Group.
05. Britney Spears (L) gets a kiss on the mouth from Madonna during the opening act of the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards at the Radio City Music Hall in New York, August 28, 2003. REUTERS/Win McNamee
17. Italy's Fabio Cannavaro lifts the World Cup Trophy after the World Cup 2006 final soccer match between Italy and France in Berlin July 9, 2006. REUTERS/Dylan Martinez
19. The Tribute in Lights shines on the skyline of lower Manhattan in New York, September 11, 2006, as the fifth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attack on the World Trade Center is observed. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn
21. Italy's Marco Materazzi falls on the pitch after being head-butted by France's Zinedine Zidane (R) during their World Cup 2006 final soccer match in Berlin July 9, 2006. REUTERS/Peter Schols
25. Benazir Bhutto prays as she arrives in Karachi, October 18, 2007. Bhutto ended eight years of self-exile on Thursday, returning to Karachi where more than 100,000 supporters poured onto the city's streets to welcome her home. REUTERS/Petr Josek
30. Supporters reach out to touch the hand of democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) after he spoke at a rally in Dallas, Texas February 20, 2008. REUTERS/Jessica Rinaldi